How to Prevent Dry Skin?
When your skin loses moisture, it becomes drier, more sensitive and prone to irritation and flaking. Untreated dry skin can become red and irritated, but there are plenty of things you can do to help prevent and manage symptoms of dry skin.
Dry Skin Management
Since dry skin tends to be caused by external factors, products such as creams and lotions can help to control dry skin flare-ups.
- Moisturize frequently to lock in moisture and prevent further loss of moisture from the top layer of the skin
- Drink plenty of water
- Use body washes specially designed for dry skin
How to Avoid Dry Skin?
Everyday objects such as soap may dry out the top layer of the skin. If you suffer from dry skin, avoiding the following may help:
- Irritants such as solvents and cleaning products
- Wool clothing
- Strong detergents and softeners used to wash clothes
- Antibacterial gels which contain alcohol
- Harsh body scrubs
- Taking long and hot showers or baths
Eat Well To Keep Your Skin In Top Condition
Your skin’s condition may also benefit from a healthy diet including foods which are naturally rich in Omega 3:
- Safflower Oil